PS4’s Battlefield 4 Get New Stability Patch
Nerdz EA and DICE are rolling out another patch for Battlefield 4 on PlayStation 4. This one is designed to fix stability and save file corruption.
Along with those two critical issues, the update fixes sound dropping out, crashing by using Battlog in between rounds, and crashes related to destroying vehicles.
Here’s the full list of update notes:
- General stability fixes that should remove a large amount of the client crashes we are currently seeing on the PS4
- Fixed the audio drop outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file by doing miscellaneous changes to the save file system. These include removing the save file saving again when quitting multiplayer
- Fixed multiple crashes that could occur when bringing up the in-game Battlelog during round transition
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the BattleScreen
- Fixed a random crash related to destroying vehicles
- Fixed minor destruction issues in the terrain